Friday, March 12, 2021

Web Novels

 Recently, I accepted a part-time job being a web novel translator for Nyoibos. Although I'm not experienced in translation, let alone web novels (I don't usually read them unless I got hooked to the movie or drama adaptation), I'm really thankful that they are willing to give me a chance to go back to writing. It reminded me that I used to be aspired to be a writer. I used to love reading and writing down a very long adaptation of the drama that I liked ( 绝代双骄). I can still write down every single detail and remember every conversation because I like Jimmy Lin. Then, I aspire to be a writer, despite the fact that I'm not creative at all. Back then, I could still be proud of my English level, unlike now. 

Now that I'm translating web novels, I can now understand why so many could get hooked on web novel when there was so many varieties and website to read. It was indeed very addictive. I spent nights after nights procrastinating on my real work trying to get to the end of the novel. Certainly, I do admire these web novel writers and now understand the reason China drama series industry is flooded with adaptations of these novels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment