Friday, March 19, 2021

DREAMS

We often hear this phrase from entrepreneurs, YOLO, and people that chased after their passions. Perhaps they really do enjoy what they do, and it's really making money. What if they aren't making money, and they do not have any monetary support behind what they do? Would they still say the same?

I recently took up part times that were exhausting, demanded a lot of effort from me and it wasn't paying much. I persuaded myself that I chose this, although just as a part-time one because my full-time job was too well-paid to be given up. Besides that, as an adult, I do have commitments, loads of them, to say it's okay, I can live on bread and water. 

Thus, before we tell youngsters to live up to their dreams, perhaps we should let them know they are privileged if they have monetary support backing them up, and not everyone could live up to their dream. Perhaps there are people who did, but that was 1 in 1000, or maybe even millions. Most of them are still striving, and perhaps living on bread and water believing that they can be the one in a million. There's no harm in dreaming, but you gotta inject some reality into the dream. There are mortgages to be paid, electricity, and even materials to realize your dreams. Just to name a few of the basic necessities. 

You can dream, but dream realistically..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment